Its time for a little (or not so little) shout out to all the small bloggers out there! I had never heard of the Liebster Award before, but imagine my surprise when I learned that Kirbie at OWlbfeeding nominated me for it! As a small blogger, this just made my heart sing. The Liebster Award is an award that is given to blogs with less than 200 followers with rules to follow to keep the award going! It is really just a great way to help bloggers connect, support one another, and to discover new blogs!
Rules to the Liebster Award are…
- Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the
award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs.
The questions that Kirbie asked of her 11 nominees are…
- Favorite drink, child friendly or not so child friendly:)? Admittedly, I love me a nice bottle of beer on a hot summer day – my beer of choice is Smuttynose IPA. In the winter, a nice glass of Pinot Noir by the fire makes me pretty darn happy.
- Favorite breed of dog or cat? If I didn’t live in a tiny NYC apartment, I’d say a golden retriever.
- Where is your dream location to raise a family? Upstate New York (right where we currently spend our weekends.)
- Who is your girl crush? Soulemama – I dig her blog, her writing, her crafty lifestyle, and her pretty friggin adorable family.
- Where did you meet your significant other? And how long have you been together? We were a secret work romance. We’ve been going strong for the past 9 years.
- Are you a “little white liar”? No, um, I mean, maybe.
- Favorite color? Favorite color = pink. Favorite color combination = pink & grey.
- Flip flops or high heels? Flip flops. Definitely flip flops. If I never wore another pair of heels in my life, I would be one happy camper.
- Current obsession? Downton Abbey.
- Favorite actor/actress and movie? Moonstruck. I’m old school like that.
- One thing you wish you knew at 16 that you know now? To stop trying to please everyone else and to try to start doing things that just make ME happy.
Now for 11 Random Facts…
- I lost my job one year ago and it turned out to be such a tremendous blessing!
- Every day since I gave birth to my daughter, I write down one sentence – be it a thought, reflection, or a simple description of one of Q’s milestones. Sort of a nice little ritual to reflect on the day during our 4am feedings 😉
- I never go anywhere, ANYWHERE, without my needles and yarn. You never know when you’ll get 5 minutes to knit a few rows.
- I resisted getting an IPhone for ages. And now can’t imagine NOT having one.
- I obsessively worked out when I was pregnant and haven’t set foot in a gym since I had my kiddo (4 months ago) and I couldn’t care less! I’m thoroughly enjoying spending my time with the babe and not putting any pressure on myself to get back into shape.
- I eat chocolate, in some form, every single day.
- I developed pregnancy induced lactose intolerance while pregnant. Never heard of that before, yeah, me neither.
- I love tall boots. But my calves do not.
- I loathe clutter but can’t seem to ever actually do any de-cluttering.
- I have a self-imposed ban on late night TV watching. 2am TV viewing = the impulse purchase of WAY too many infomercial products. Yes, I own both the magic bullet AND a gallon of Wen shampoo. Neither of which I use.
- Sewing and knitting = my own (and cheaper) form of therapy. Although, I suppose its not so cheap when you consider my love of overly priced yarn and fabric. But hey, it could always be worse…
I hope you enjoyed my answers and random facts!
Stay tuned for my picks for the Liebster Award! And in the mean time, do not forget to check out OWlbfeeding and what all Kirbie is up to. Thanks for your nomination!