… and I’m feeling some of my sanity restored. Its been six weeks. Six weeks of my crafter hiatus. And I finally picked up the needles last week. Because even though I’m exhausted and still can’t figure out how to breastfeed and knit simultaneously, when you see a project this cute, you sort of just have to make it.
So I did.
Admittedly, it took me two attempts to knit the crown of the hat to get the length right (man, I sure felt out of practice) but once I did and then slapped on some ears and antlers, I was loving the finished project.
Now, if only Q didn’t scream bloody murder every time I try to wiggle this hat on her head.
The Pattern: Reindeer Antler Baby Beanie
The Yarn: Filatura Di Crosa Zara
The Needles: US 6 (body) and US 4 (antlers & ears)
The Modifications: I knit the hat to 3.5″ before starting the decrease. I also knit the antlers separately and then sewed them on once completed. I felt this was easier than wrestling trying to knit teeny tiny antlers while having the rest of the hat attached. Especially since most of this hat was knit while trying to simultaneously wrestle a tiny baby to sleep in my arms.
The Verdict: I’m loving the hat. Even if Q isn’t…